In consonance with the goals of RUSA’s national, state and institutional level project implementation arrangements, the authority of Pramathesh Barua College, Gauripur has introduced a Board of Governors and Project Monitoring Unit for smooth implementation of RUSA projects in the college in the year 2016.
Pramathesh Barua College, Gauripur was enlisted for the first time for grants under RUSA in 2016 just after successful completion of NAAC 2nd Cycle inspection and satisfactory scoring. The total grants sanctioned were Rs.2 crore divided into three components namely New Construction, Renovations & Upgradation and New equipment. Accordingly the college prepared Detail Project Report justifying the need of the college and along with required Plan & Estimate; the DPC was submitted to the office of the Mission Director RUSA, Assam. The first installment of grant of Rs 50 lakh was released on 28/12/2016, Second installment of Rs 1 crore was released on 19 /04/2018 and Central share of 3rd installment of Rs.45 Lakh was released on 17 /06/2019 and finally rest amount of Rs.5 lakh (State share) was released on 05/02/2020.
The complete project was under the guidance and monitoring of Board of Governors and Project Monitoring Unit which was constituted by the Governing Body of the college as per the guidelines of RUSA. The college started the works from the first quarter of 2017 under the able leadership of Dr. A.K. Das, Principal of the college, and completed the project within stipulated time followed by the 3rd and final physical inspection by the RUSA Team as on 25/11/2020 during the tenure of Dr A.H. Talukdar, Principal I/C of the college. The whole construction works amounting to Rs.1crore 17 lakh was processed and executed by PWD (Building) Dhubri, Assam, and remaining works of procurement was done by the Principal i/c through the Tender Screening Committee of the college.
detail of works undertaken are as follows:
1) Computer procurement
2) Air Conditioners procurement
3) Video Conferencing System procurement
4) Display panel and LCD projector procurement
5) Dual desk procurement
6) Library books purchased
7) Renovation of library rooms
8) Renovation of Class rooms
9) Renovation of Boys' toilet
10) Renovation of Auditorium Hall
11) Renovation of Canteen
12) Renovation of Office rooms.
13) Renovation of Car parking shed
14) New construction of Class rooms and Girls'Common room with attach toilet.
15) Procurement of Gym equipment and sports materials
16) Installation of WiFi, leased line and FTTH connection in the college.
17) Procurement of canteen kitchen appliances and furnitures.
18) Procurement of sound system for Auditorium
19) Procurement of Library equipment
20) Procurement of floor mat for Gymnasium and field maintenance equipment.
21) Purchase of Library books (Second time)